Hey, guys! My name is Jacqueline, and I am a senior Media Studies and Communications major here at Catholic! I love what I do and the city where I study, so I left the Jersey Shore to live in DC this summer. How could I possibly leave a summer at the Jersey Shore with its beautiful beaches and boardwalks you ask? Well, not only am I working and interning in DC, I figured summer is the perfect time to explore our Nation’s capital! During the school year, between classes, work, and having a social life, it is hard to hit all the spots in the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia) but not anymore! School is out and my DC summer bucket list is in full swing…so here is a list of my top 10 things to do and see that I plan to tackle this summer:
Here I am in Annapolis at the Naval Academy.
- Go to Armadillo’s in Annapolis—Annapolis is a must-visit place when you’re living in DC, and it’s only about 40 minutes away by car!
- See a Nationals game
- Attend a DC United Game
- Have lunch on the National Mall
- Shop in Arlington, Virginia—It’s just a quick ride on the metro!
- Bowl at Lucky Strike in Chinatown
- Eat at Union Market—I’m planning to hit up Taco Tuesday, but you can grab Korean barbecue, Venezuelan cuisine, fresh-baked bread, and local cheeses among other foods here!
- Brunch at Romeo and Juliet on Massachusetts Ave
- Find the best diner in DC…’cause you know I’m from Jersey!!
- Go to the new National Museum of African American History and Culture—It’s opening in September, so I’m looking forward to topping off my summer bucket list with a history lesson before classes start!