In case you did not know, the Christmas season is in full bloom – or should I say full blizzard? Either way, at The Catholic University of America in Washington D.C., Christmas, and the holiday season, is kind of a big deal.
1. On the First Day of CUA celebration, holiday decorations invade campus: A wreath above every door, Christmas trees in every building, and Starbucks red cups in every students’ hand!
2. On the Second Day of CUA Celebration (and the 2nd day of December), there was the annual Christmas concert at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. Every year the Benjamin T. Rome School of Music Choruses and Symphony Orchestra perform a Christmas Concert for Charity – the ambiance, music, and service really made for an incredible night to kick-off the season!
3. On the Third Day of CUA Celebration, we enjoyed the annual Christmas Tree lighting on campus including a live nativity scene, ornament give-aways, and Christmas-card photo booth! #CUActivities #CUThere
4. On the Fourth Day of CUA Celebration, the students joined together to dance the night away at the annual Mistletoe Ball! Mistletoe Ball was hosted at the Ritz-Carlton Washington, D.C., where students enjoyed music and an endless buffet.
6. CUA even brings the fun directly to your dorm room door with Christmas Tree decorating in the residence halls. I even hear some of the Residence Advisers (RAs) bring freshly baked cookies…
7. Our Cardinal Ambassadors also celebrated in style with their annual Christmas banquet including a gingerbread house competition, who do you think won? Can you recognize some DC landmarks?
8. The Catholic University of America even gets to celebrate Pope Francis’s 80th Birthday on December 17th with a special video-card! (Look for the Undergraduate Admission team at 1:30!)
9. Last, but not least, the biggest celebration of all happened in the CUA Office of Admission…Drum Roll Please…..Early Action and Early Decision applicants can be expecting a decision via MAIL as all decisions were sent out on Friday, December 16th! Thank goodness it’s the best time of year for deliveries!
Who knows, maybe next year many of you will be joining CUA for our Christmas celebrations!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
CUA Office of Admission