First, let me start off by saying we are SO excited that you have thought about making The Catholic University of America part of your college plans. We understand that transferring may be a little confusing, but please know that you always have the support of our admission team, The Office of Undergraduate Admission, to help! To clear up any questions, here’s a quick cheat sheet with everything you need to know about transferring into our Cardinal family.
- Our deadline for Transfer students in June 1st! You still have plenty of time to submit your application and they are read on a rolling basis, which will provide you with your decision within a couple weeks after applying.
- You can find our application on the Common Application. Make sure your application is complete! Please check your Cardinal Station portal to make sure we have received all of your materials or follow up directly with the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- We will need your current school to provide us with a Certification of Good Standing. This can usually be signed by your university’s registrar stating that you are in good standing within your current university.
- We require high school transcript from students without an Associate’s Degree. For all students, we do require your official transcripts from every college and university you have attended.
- Reach out to our Transfer Credit Coordinator, Kathleen Miedreich, to see what classes will transfer over from your current university.
- Become familiar with University scholarships. For our transfer students, we have merit scholarships ranging from $13,000 to $18,000 per year. You will receive notification of any scholarship awarded with your decision letter. We have two additional scholarships unique to CUA. The first, the Legacy Grant, is for students who have a parent, grandparent, or sibling who has graduated from CUA. This grant is for $1,000 per year. The second, the Parish scholarship, is for applicants who belong to a Catholic parish. If you are eligible for this scholarship, you may be selected to receive $3,000 per year. Both scholarship forms are answered on the Common Application and must be completed before the application deadline.
- Check with your prospective major to see if any supplemental materials are required. For example; an audition for some majors within the Benjamin T. Rome School of Music, or a portfolio for our School of Architecture.
- For our transfer students, we are looking for a B average and above student. We are a test-optional university, so no SAT or ACT scores are required for you to be considered for admission or scholarships.
- Check out The Nest to look into our 100+ organizations and start to envision yourself as part of our community.
Please reach out to the Office of Undergraduate Admission with any questions you may have about the Transfer process or the university. You can always reach an admission counselor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 202-319-5305. We are so excited to work with you, and can’t wait to discuss the potential of becoming part of your future!